- email: email@example.com
- phone (205) 348-4910
- office location Bevill Building 1085
- Post Doctorate, University of Virginia, 2005
- PhD, University of Arkansas, 2003
- Water resources
Research Groups: Dendrochronology Research Lab
- Munoz, S., L. Giosan, M. D. Therrell, J. Remo, Z. Shen, R. Sullivan, et al. 2018. Mississippi River flood hazard amplified by climate variability and river engineering. Nature 556: 95-98. DOI: 10.1038/nature26145.
- Therrell, M.D. and M. B. Bialecki*. 2015. A multi century tree-ring record of spring flooding on the Mississippi River. Journal of Hydrology 529: 490-498. DOI:10.1016/j.jhydrol.214.11.005
- Therrell, M.D. 2011. Ancient trees reveal their secrets. Nature Climate Change 1: 94-95.
- Therrell, M.D. and M. Trotter. 2011. Waniyetu Wowapi: Native American records of weather and climate. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 92: 583-592.
- Therrell, M.D., D. W. Stahle, L. P. Ries, and H. H Shugart. 2006. Two centuries of tree-ring reconstructed rainfall variability in Zimbabwe. Climate Dynamics 26: 677-685.
- Therrell, M.D., D. W. Stahle, and R. Acuna Soto. 2004. Aztec drought and the ‘Curse of One Rabbit.’ Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 85: 1263-1272.
- Comparing Three Approaches to Reconstructing Streamflow Using Tree Rings in the Wabash River Basin in the Midwestern, US
- A record of flooding on the White River, Arkansas derived from tree-ring anatomical variability and vessel width
- Implications of the 2015-2016 El Niño on Coastal Mississippi-Alabama Streamflow and Agriculture.
- The climatic response of baldcypress (Taxodium mucronatum Ten.) in San Luis Potosi, Mexico
- Fluvial activity in major river basins of the eastern U.S. during the Holocene